Children’s use of Social Network

From curriculum.learn2teach.eu
Revision as of 10:08, 14 May 2013 by Ibermudez (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search


Children who have a profile on a SNS, by country
  • Social networking is most popular, it appears, in the Netherlands (80%), Lithuania (76%) and Denmark (75%), and least practised in Romania (46%) and Turkey (49%) and Germany (51%)
  • Even in these countries, half of the population aged 9-16 years old claims to have their own social networking profile, rising to three quarters in a few countries.
Children who have a profile on a social networking
  • Among all 9-16 year olds across Europe, 59% report having their own social networking profile.
  • Social networking varies hardly at all by gender, with 58% boys and 60% girls having their own profile.
  • It also varies very little by socioeconomic status (SES) also ranging from 57% for children from low SES homes to 61% for those from high SES homes.
  • Most policy attention has focused on the age of users, and here the differences are more dramatic. One quarter (26%) of the 9-10 year olds report having their own profile, compared with half (49%) of 11-12 year olds. For teenagers, percentages are much higher – 73% of 13-14 year olds and 82% of 15-16 year olds.
How often children use the internet, by country
  • Los usuarios de Internet para niños se pueden dividir en dos grupos: los que utilizan Internet a diario o casi a diario (60%) y los que utilizan una o dos veces a la semana (33%). En total, esto es el 93% de todos los niños que van en línea en absoluto, 5% va en línea una vez o dos veces al mes, un 2% menos frecuencia.
  • Hay una pequeña diferencia entre los géneros en la frecuencia de uso, aunque los niños son ligeramente más propensos a ser consumidores diarios (61%, frente al 58% de las niñas).
  • SES diferencias son más evidentes: el 67% de los niños de altas casas SES va en línea todos los días, en comparación con el 52% de la reducción de hogares SES. Parece probable que esto refleja las diferencias en la calidad del acceso, ya que los niños de hogares de alto SES son más propensos a tener acceso en casa, en su habitación ya través de un dispositivo de mano.
  • Las diferencias de edad en la frecuencia de uso son las más fuertemente marcada. En 9-10 años, un tercio (33%) van en línea todos los días. Este porcentaje se eleva en forma constante hasta por 15 a 16 años de edad, cuatro quintas partes (80%) van en línea todos los días.
  • Cuatro de cada cinco niños de 9 a 16 en Suecia, Bulgaria, Estonia, Dinamarca, Noruega y los Países Bajos utilizan Internet a diario. Esto se aplica a menos de la mitad de los niños en Turquía, donde el 33% de los niños van en línea todos los días.
How often children use the internet
Personal tools